Even though all the surveys on Freshsurvey come from saved templates, there's still room for customization. The different aspects of any survey can be customized depending on the survey type. Let's dive deeper into the various survey customization available to you:
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Customize the first question in NPS surveys
- Customize the first question in CSAT and CES surveys
- Customize other secondary questions.
- Visuals and colors
- Survey prompt
- Survey flow
Let's start with the first questions in the builder - your basic NPS / CSAT / CES questions.
Customize the first question in NPS surveys
The 'Customize' panel provides various options to you to adjust the survey questions as per your requirements.
Customize in CSAT and CES surveys
Under the 'Customize' panel in the CSAT and CES survey builders, you can select the rating scale visuals from smiley faces/emoticons, stars, text boxes and numbered ratings scale.
You can also select the scale range, i.e whether it is a 5 point or a 7 point scale. Select the order in which the score options will appear, and customize the rating labels.
Customize other secondary questions.
Freshsurvey also lets you customize secondary questions in your surveys.
1. Add a new question as per your preference by clicking on the '+New Question' button.
2. You can personalize the question by adding tags like company name, or contact first name, last name and work email. You can also choose to show a particular question to either all respondents or to certain ones based on their answers.
Clone a question
3. You can also choose to 'Clone' or 'Delete' the question if the need may arise by clicking on the three dots to the right of the question window.
Visuals and colors
Click on 'Survey settings' in the left panel, and then click on the 'Design settings' option.
Under design settings, you can upload your logo, add the company name, add a favicon, choose the survey layout, and select your brand colors for buttons, backgrounds and so on.
You can also customize your survey name, add in a description, you can also opt for the prompt question to display before your audience takes the survey, by toggling the prompt switch on.
How the survey moves from one question to another can also be customized. This is done using Skip Logic. Skip logic lets you create a survey that shows questions to respondents based on their responses. The advantage of implementing question branches is improved response rates, as customers will only see questions relevant to their responses. This is also called branch logic or jump logic, wherein you can decide what questions are highly relevant for a specific question to respond to.
For other questions, you can view the settings by clicking on the question of your choice. You can choose to make the questions mandatory and use the responses for analytics too!