- Contact vs list vs segment
- Create a new list and simultaneously add contacts:
- Adding contacts to a new or existing list:
- Import contacts in bulk and add them to a list
What are lists?
Lists are a specific, one-time grouping of contacts. While more contacts can be added to a list, this process is a manual one.
Contact vs list vs segment
- A contact refers to the unique attributes that are assigned to a single customer or respondent. Contacts can be grouped to create lists or segments
- As explained above, lists are a one-time grouping of contacts
- A segment refers to a grouping of contacts based on a specific set of conditions. Any contacts that match the conditions (even after the segment is created) will be added to the segment.
Create a new list and simultaneously add contacts:
1. Click on the '+New' button to the top-right corner of your screen and click 'List.' If you haven't created any lists before, click the '+ New list' button in the middle of the screen
2. Give the list a name (mandatory). Choose to import contacts via a CSV, XLS or XLSX file.
3. Match the file column to the contact fields as shown and click 'Save'
Adding contacts to a new or existing list:
1. Navigate to 'Contact management' in the left sidebar, and click on 'All contacts'
2. Using the checkboxes, select the contacts you'd like to add to a list. You can either add the selected contacts to a new list or an existing one by clicking 'Add to lists'
3. Type in to either search for an existing list, or create a new list. Press 'enter' to create the list and click on "Add" at the bottom of the screen.
Once the contacts have been added to a list, you will be taken to the list
Note: When contacts already in Freshsurvey are added, the fields are updated and only one copy of the contact is maintained