When you log into your Freshsurvey account, the level of access available depends on your user type. A user’s type is set when they are first invited to Freshsurvey, but it can be edited at any time from the user management page by an account admin.
Types of user roles
There are three access roles available to a Freshsurvey user, namely:
Admins can create and manage surveys, add workflows, control users permissions, import/export data, and everything else. Only admins have access to the account’s user information and the ability to manage users. If you do not have admin access within Delighted, reach out to your company’s admin to request access.
An Analyst has access to the dashboard view, as well as the reports view. Along with viewing responses, the analyst can choose to export reports and responses, if the need may arise.
A Read-only user simply has view access to the survey setup, contact lists, the workflow, responses and the dashboard. This type of user cannot make any changes to the existing account.
Invite users to Freshsurvey
To invite or manage a user or a team member, you can:
1. Click on ‘Settings’ on the left navigation bar, then click on the ‘User management’ tab
2. Use the ‘Invite user’ button to invite your teammates to join Freshsurvey.
3. The User Management tab is divided into 'All' and 'Pending' users.
The ‘All’ section includes all the users you have added. The users who are yet to accept your invitation and clubbed together under the Pending tab
4. Clicking the 'Invite user' button opens up a menu where you can invite users to your account. Select a role from the 'Select a role' dropdown and enter users' email IDs in the box below.
Once a user has been invited, they will receive an invite email. To begin using Freshsurvey, the invited user needs to open the email and accept the invitation. If the user has not done so, you can send them a reminder or delete the invite sent to them.
Setting user permissions
If you’re an admin, you possess the right to invite another user / your teammate onto Freshsurvey.You can set Admin, Analyst or Read-Only permissions in the user management screen.
Deleting or removing a user
1. Click on ‘Settings’ on the left navigation bar
2. Click on the ‘User management’ tab
3. For the user that you want to remove, click on the three dots against the user's name, then, click 'Delete.'
Once confirmed, the user will be soft-deleted from the system. The user access will be revoked and all the historical notes or actions done by them will still be retained.